Dependaworthy Air Duct Cleaning Helps You Breathe Easier
Cleaning ductwork in your heating and cooling system helps it run more efficiently. Leaky ductwork and returns make your HVAC system work harder than it should. As if that weren’t bad enough, filthy ducts fill your home’s air with airborne allergens, pollutants, and dirt particles.
Dependaworthy One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning helps you breathe easier by professionally cleaning your ductwork. We come. We clean. You breathe easier. In fact, we’re not done with your ducts till we restore your system to pristine condition.
What Is an Air Duct?
When your AC cools or your furnace heats the air, air ducts are the tubes that transport that air to vents, known as registers, via a network of tubes throughout your home. Ducts are made of sheet metal or reinforced plastic tubes known as Flexduct.
Why Get Air Duct Cleaning?
The benefits of Dependaworthy Air Duct Cleaning are many:
- Ensures your indoor air quality (IAQ) is healthy
- Eliminates allergens and irritants
- Removes unpleasant odors
- Improves airflow and HVAC efficiency
- Mitigates dirt and dust circulation
- Avoids respiratory illnesses
- Gets rid of dust mites and reduces allergies and asthma issues
What Gets Air Ducts Dirty?
As air travels through your ducts, they accumulate allergens, contaminants, and micro-organisms, such as:
- Pet dander
- Mildew/mold spores
- Vermin/insect droppings
Removing these particles is especially important if anyone in your home suffers from respiratory problems, severe allergies, or asthma.
Duct Cleaning Increases the Efficiency and Lifespan of Your HVAC System
Ductwork backed up with dust, dirt, and grime chokes the airflow between your heating unit/air conditioner and registers, which causes your HVAC system to work harder, longer, and less efficiently.
- Duct Cleaning Improves the Air of Your Home: Every time your system kicks on, scents of cleaning agents, paint fumes, mold, cigarette smoke, dust, and dirt trapped in your duct circulates throughout your home. Dependaworthy Duct Cleaning knocks these airborne contaminants down, freshening the air in your home.
- A Well-Maintained Air Duct Saves You Money: According to ENERGY STAR, about 20% of your HVAC unit’s air supply is lost to leaky, clogged, damaged vents and ducts. That means your HVAC system has to produce more hot or cold air to satisfy your thermostat’s settings which, in turn, drives up energy bills.
- Your Home Could Be Making You Sick: If you suffer from itchy eyes, a runny nose, a persistent cough, or headaches, you might be dealing with indoor air pollution as contaminated air ducts get distributed throughout your home. Dependaworthy One Hour Duct Cleaning could easily improve your health and well-being.
50% of All Illnesses Are Caused or Aggravated By Polluted Indoor Air
The air in your home is two to five times — and occasionally more than 100 times — more polluted than outdoor levels, according to The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Maybe that’s why each year, asthma-related emergency room visits from indoor exposure to mold, dust mites, animal dander, and other airborne catalysts top 200,000. Duct cleaning helps stop your air ducts from serving as a recirculating tunnel for harmful allergens.
Dependaworthy Air Duct Cleaning Process
Air duct cleaning involves multiple components, including registers, filters, plenums, evaporator coils, and air handlers. Upon arrival, our duct cleaning specialists inspect your ductwork access points to customize a cleaning recommendation. With your approval, we run a vacuum unit in your ductwork creating negative air pressure, which ensures dirt and other debris do not spread. We will then remove pollutants and buildup. Before leaving, we complete a final inspection of the air ducts to ensure your ducts are once again pristine.
Dependaworthy Duct Inspection
There are two good reasons to have your ducts inspected:
- Assess the amount of dirt and debris in the ducts before and after cleaning.
- Check for leaks or kinks we can repair or replace.
Our Vacuums Suck—And That’s Good
Dependaworthy One Hour uses heavy-duty HEPA-filtered vacuums to remove dust and debris from your ductwork in three steps:
- Connect: We hook our vacuum close to your air handler by cutting an access hole, inserting the vacuum’s hose, and tightly sealing where they connect. We tightly seal each register with an adhesive cover to create negative air pressure. We then use negative pressure, electric brushes, and vacuum power to remove particles trapped inside.
- Compressed Air Flush: Once we establish negative pressure throughout your ductwork, we uncover each register, cleaning various sections. Our rotating brushes, compressed-air tools, and high-powered vacuums thoroughly loosen and agitate the dirt, ensuring particles and debris get entirely extracted.
- Clean: We see to it that all components of your HVAC System, along with your air ducts, are clean and pristine. That includes all components of your system:
- Air handler
- Blower motor
- Evaporator coil
- Drain pan
Once Dependaworthy One Hour cleans your system’s parts, installs a fresh air filter, and applies eco-friendly disinfectants, you can expect exponentially improved air quality in your home.
What Does Air Duct Cleaning Cost?
Several factors impact the price of air duct cleaning, including:
The type of ductwork
Number of crew members required
Amount of labor involved
Level of contamination
Presence of vermin/insect infestation
Ductwork system’s size and accessibility
Hiring HVAC Professionals vs. Cleaning Air Ducts Yourself
Routinely replacing air filters and dusting around vents helps, but it’s not enough to keep your air ducts clean. A standard DIY cleaning will tackle a small portion of your ductwork system. That’s because most of your ductwork is concealed behind walls and underneath floors. These hard-to-reach ducts are where mold, dust, and infestations are found. Simply accessing the vent openings will fail to clean these deeper areas of your air ventilation system. Using our cutting-edge tools and proven techniques, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning delivers extensive, lasting results.
How Long Does it Take to Clean Air Ducts?
Typically, it takes two-to-four hours to clean a single-family home’s duct system. That depends on several variables, such as the size, scope, and accessibility of your ductwork. The extent of the contamination and your home’s age also factor into the duration of a Dependaworthy duct cleaning.
How Clean Are Your Air Ducts?
Noises and smells from ductwork are also telltale signs that your air ducts may be filthy. Dirty ducts also leave these clues:
- Visible mold growth
- Signs of vermin, rodent, or insect infestation
- Clogged air filters and vents restricting airflow
- Visible particles of dust and debris getting released from supply registers
- Recurring layers of dust on indoor surfaces
Is Air Duct Cleaning Really Worth It?
Ductwork cleanings are invaluable if you care about your heating and cooling system’s efficiency and indoor air quality. These conditions are reasons to schedule Dependaworthy air duct maintenance promptly:
- Vermin or insect infestations
- Recurring and unexplained allergy- and asthma-related illnesses
- Visible mold/mildew or musty/stale smells coming from inside the ducts
- Recent renovations, remodeling, or construction work (asbestos abatement, lead paint removal, and sanded walls/floors all warrant immediate air duct cleaning)
- Visual contaminants, such as dirt, dust, and pet dander
How Often Should Your Air Ducts Get Cleaned?
Every three to five years, according to The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA). The fact is airborne particles can slip through small cracks, vents, and leaks can build up even when you regularly replace air filters. Worse, living in the metropolitan Charlotte area means your ducts are likely trapping and unhealthy recirculating particles at a concerning rate. That’s why it makes sense to schedule Dependaworthy One Hour Air Duct Cleaning performed every few years. You’ll breathe better, and so will your heating and cooling system.
Keep Your Air Ducts Maintained After Cleaning
Having your air ductwork cleaned is an excellent first step. Keeping them clean between our visits is even better. Here’s what Dependaworthy One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning recommends:
- Keep your home dust-free
- Frequently replace air filters
- Leave air vents open
Maintaining fresh air is a year-round process. To optimize your indoor air quality, we also recommend installing these indoor air quality products:
- Air filters
- Air purifiers
- Heat and energy recovery ventilators as needed
Commercial Air Duct Cleaning Services
Commercial facilities usually entail complex ductwork systems that require thorough maintenance. Regularly changing air filters is helpful, but indoor air quality levels will gradually decline. By having Dependaworthy One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning clean your ductwork, you benefit from a healthier work environment and a more efficient system. That’s because our duct cleaning professionals use electric-powered rotation bristle brushes to loosen debris/dirt and suck it all out with HEPA-filtered vacuums.
- Warehouses: As dirt, dust, and dander gradually accumulate in ductwork, these particles can be pulled into your HVAC system, clog it up, and cause various component failures. Proactive air duct cleanings ensure your HVAC equipment functions longer, saving you money in the long run.
- Offices: Since your employees occupy your commercial building for multiple hours daily, clean air can significantly improve productivity. Studies show that focus, engagement, and work performance improve in environments with clean, fresh air.
- Retail Stores & Grocery Stores: Dirty air ducts can spread bacteria, contaminants, and pollutants that cause sickness. As a commercial business selling food and clothing, you want healthy and happy employees and products that look pristine. Duct cleaning can also reduce the average number of annual employee sick days.
- Medical Buildings and Hospitals: Air ducts must receive regularly scheduled maintenance for sanitary and sterile environments to avoid contamination. With high-powered HEPA-filtered vacuums performing frequent air duct cleanings, Dependaworthy One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning dramatically reduces the spread of airborne particles.
- Schools: Schools are populated by hundreds of kids. They track in dirt, dander, and pollen that eventually works their way into air ducts. Left untreated, students could experience adverse health effects due to poor indoor air, especially if they are asthmatic, allergy-prone, or susceptible to respiratory illnesses. Dependaworthy commercial duct cleaning services remove dangerous particles they are getting inhaled daily.
- Senior Homes: Seniors are particularly vulnerable to indoor pollution, contaminants, and airborne disease. Dependaworthy One Hour Duct Cleaning helps clean the air ducts of nursing homes and senior care facilities.
- Apartment Complexes, Townhomes, and Condos: Dependaworthy One Hour helps you substantially lower energy bills by keeping air ducts clean. A buildup of merely .042 inches of dirt can reduce HVAC efficiency by 21%, according to the EPA. That adds up quickly when you consider that apartment complexes, townhomes, and condos ductwork systems often distribute air to multiple units. Professional duct cleaning helps prevent putting residents at risk of cross-contamination and exposure to their neighbors’ diseases, pollutants, and smells.
For Healthier, Cleaner Air, Call Dependworthy Air Duct Cleaning Professionals Today!
Poor indoor air is no joke. Everyone can be put at risk when impurities recirculate throughout your household via air ducts. That’s why Dependaworthy One Hour duct cleaning specialists are highly trained, well-equipped, and adhere to our code of ethics which outlines our commitment to teamwork, integrity, respect for the law, excellence, and consideration of customers’ property and privacy.